Personal Identification information
We may collect personally identifiable information from users in various ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, complete a form and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources available on our site. Users may be asked to provide, where appropriate, their name, email address, shipping address, telephone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personally identifiable information only when users voluntarily provide it. Users may refuse to provide personally identifiable information at any time except that they will then have limited access to certain related activities on the site.
Non-Personal Identification information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about users when they interact with our site. Non-personal identifying information includes the name of the web browser, the type of computer and technical information about the connection to our site, such as the operating system and internet service provider used and other related information.
Web browser cookies
How we use the information we collect
Echellex Inc. may collect and use users’ personal information for the following purposes while respecting the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation:
- To improve customer service: The information you provide helps us to respond more effectively to your inquiry.
- To personalize the user experience: We may use the information to understand how users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site.
- To improve our site: We may use your feedback to improve our products and services.
- To process a payment: We may use the information users provide us about them when they place an order only to provide them with the service related to that order. Under no circumstances do we share this information with any external parties except as necessary to deliver the service.
- For a promotion, contest, survey or other feature on the site: To allow users to send the information they have agreed to receive about topics we believe may be of interest to them.
- To send emails periodically: We may use the user’s email address to send information and updates about their orders. It can also be used to answer their requests, questions and/or other requests. If users decide to subscribe to a mailing list, they will receive emails that may include news, updates, product and service information, etc. We include instructions at the end of each email to allow the user to unsubscribe at any time.
Worried about spam?
5 essential things to watch for your online security and avoid receiving unsolicited emails:
Visit the Government of Canada website for more details on the Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation.
How we protect your information
We use appropriate measures for the collection, retention and appropriate processing practices and security measures against unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, user name, password, transactional information and any other data stored on our site.
The exchange of confidential data between the site and users takes place via a secure communication channel (SSL) and is encrypted and protected using digital signatures.
Sharing personal information
We do not sell, trade or rent personally identifiable information to other parties in any way. We may share generic demographic information not related to any personally identifiable information about visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the use listed above.
Third Party Web Sites
Users may find advertising or other content on our site that points to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly evolving. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Navigation and interaction on any other Web site, including Web sites that link to our site, is subject to the terms of this Web site and its policies.
Your agreement to these terms
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on 29 November 2017